Premier of Queensland
Annastacia Palaszczuk was elected as the Member for Inala in September 2006 and sworn in as Premier of Queensland on 14 February 2015.
The role of the Premier involves:
- leadership of the Parliament
- being the Chief Minister and Chair of Cabinet
- choosing ministers and allocating portfolios
- representing his or her electorate
- portfolio responsibilities
- being the main channel of communication between:
- the Governor and Cabinet
- the Queensland Government and other state and territory governments
- the Queensland Government, the Commonwealth Government and overseas governments.
The Premier is expected to have a vision for Queensland that addresses the big issues and includes plans for the state's continued prosperity.