7.1 Enabling legislation
In the case of a Government Board established by legislation, specific statutory responsibilities are set out in its enabling legislation.
Example: South Bank Corporation established by the South Bank Corporation Act 1989
Section 24 Objects
The corporation's objects are:
- to promote, facilitate, carry out and control the development, disposal and management of land and other property within the corporation area
- to achieve an appropriate balance between the corporation's commercial and non-commercial functions
- to ensure the corporation area complements, rather than duplicates, other public use sites in the inner city Brisbane area
- to provide for a diverse range of recreational, cultural and educational pursuits for local, regional and international visitors
- to accommodate public events and entertainment that benefit the general community
- to achieve excellence and innovation in the management of open space and park areas.
Subordinate legislation (such as regulations, by-laws, ordinances, rules) may also set out members’ responsibilities.
^ to top