Premier’s Disaster Relief Appeal Distribution Committee Report – October 2011
On 11 October 2011, the Premier released the Report prepared by the Distribution Committee outlining the full acquittal of how the appeal funds were disbursed and the context in which the guiding principles were determined to best reach those most in need who have been adversely affected by the summer disasters of 2010-2011.
The report summarises the donations to the appeal and acknowledges the generosity of all donors, including government, corporate and private entities, individuals and families from across Australia and the world.
The report further clarifies the three funding rounds and three special purpose allocations that delivered the assistance from the Appeal and provides a full breakdown of the number of applicants and total dollar disbursement for each round.
Read the full report:
- Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal Distribution Committee Report (PDF, 4.62 MB)
- Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal Distribution Committee Report (.doc, 242 KB)
Donations made to the Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal
How you can obtain a receipt
If you've donated $2 or more to this appeal, have lost or did not receive a receipt, and require one for taxation purposes, you can submit a request for a replacement.
Without proof of donation a tax receipt cannot be issued.
If the donation was $10 or less, the Australian Taxation Office does not require a receipt for you to claim a deduction.
The more information you can provide, the quicker we'll be able to help. For example, by providing a phone number, one of our team will call you to clarify any details that will help get a receipt to you faster.
You can request a receipt:
- by email
- by post:
Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal c/o Department of the Premier and Cabinet PO Box 15185 City East QLD 4002
What to include
When requesting a receipt:
- Please ensure to clearly identify who the receipt should be made out to, and provide as much information as possible, such as how the payment was made (cheque, money order, internet banking etc), how much it was for, and when it was made.
- For donations from companies or groups please ensure you provide information on how monies were raised, such as from employees, customers, fundraising events or company profits.
- Include or attach any proof or evidence you have to support your request.
Proof of donation can include:
- A stamped bank deposit receipt/stub with details including:
- that the money was paid to the Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal
- the ABN: 69 689 161 916.
- A bank statement showing money being paid to the Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal.
- Receipts from your bank's internet banking software.