Review of Queensland Health Payroll Implementation
The Auditor-General of Queensland has released his report about the implementation of the payroll system in Queensland Health.
Read the Auditor-General's report: Information systems governance and control, including the Queensland Health Implementation of Continuity Project (PDF, 2.07 MB).
Following the release of the Auditor-General's report, the Queensland Government determined an independent review of the Shared Services and Corptech business model and corporate governance, including the Corporate Solutions Program, should be undertaken.
The review provided advice to government on the future of shared service provision and Corptech including whether the current structure and responsibilities for whole of government shared systems remains the best model for the future.
The government appointed PriceWaterhouseCoopers to lead a review reporting directly to the Director-General of the Department of Premier and Cabinet into the government's shared service program.
- The Terms of Reference for the review were released by the Premier of Queensland on 13 July 2010.
- Read the PriceWaterhouseCoopers Shared Services Review (PDF, 901 KB).
The following are related media statements:
- Government to implement all seven of the Auditor General's recommendations (29/06/2010).
- Personalised payroll model rolled out across the State (01/10/2010).
Ernst and Young review
The government will adopt recommendations delivered by independent consultants Ernst and Young to:
- stabilise and optimise the existing rostering and payroll systems
- commence payroll system foundation work separately to the current improvement activities.
The Director-General of the Department of the Premier and Cabinet engaged KPMG to conduct an independent review of the implementation of the new payroll system in Queensland Health. Read the letter from the Queensland Government Director-General (PDF, 37 KB) to KPMG.
KPMG will continue to assist Queensland Health with the payroll stabilisation project. Read KPMG's review below:
KMPG provided a Status Report relating to Stage 1 of the Terms of Reference (.doc, 171 KB).
Read the KPMG Queensland Health Payroll Implementation Review Interim Report - Stage 2 (PDF, 69 KB), which includes the updated Terms of Reference.