What we do
The Department of the Premier and Cabinet has two main roles:
- we assist and advise the Premier and Cabinet
- we provide leadership for the public sector in delivering quality services to all Queenslanders.
Our functions include:
- coordinating initiatives that advance government policies and priorities
- supporting and advising the Premier and Cabinet, Ministers and agencies to ensure the structures and processes of government run efficiently
- providing executive and support services for the Premier and other departments
- leading policy coordination across government
- supporting Cabinet and Cabinet Committee decision-making
- managing Queensland's relationships with other governments
- overall responsibility for the administration of the Queensland Register of Nominees to Government Bodies
- overall responsibility for the administration of the Queensland Register of Appointees to Government Bodies.
Community engagement and events
One of the most important aspects of our work is the opportunity to engage with Queenslanders when we host major events such as Queensland Week and Australia Day. The aim of our coordination and event management role is to maintain high standards of safety and security to ensure people enjoy the social benefits of special events.
We also coordinate events that give Queenslanders the opportunity to engage in their democracy, such as Community Cabinet. Here citizens can raise their concerns and speak directly with Cabinet members.