Why work for us
At the Department of the Premier and Cabinet our people are our major asset.
Our employees are the type of people who are committed to good government and are interested in helping to shape Queensland's future.
Reasons to work for us
- You will have access to a range of career options, including administrative, professional, managerial and executive roles.
- You can choose from jobs that are as diverse as the clients we serve. Our clients are within our department, across government, the Premier and Cabinet directly, and in the Queensland community.
- Your contribution will count, and be seen to count, in this relatively small organisation of about 500 employees.
- You will work in a highly professional workplace that puts our values and employment principles into practice.
- You will be part of a supportive and family-friendly workplace.
- You will be supported by us to ensure that you have the skills and capabilities to provide the best service to the Premier and stakeholders in a high-pressured and changing work environment.
- You will have access to attractive benefits and conditions, including the ability to balance work and family or other commitments, competitive salary and salary packaging.
- You will work in an environment that has sustainable practices at personal and organisational levels, and one that acknowledges its corporate social responsibility. These are part of our employment principles.
- You will have opportunities to advance your career, broaden your experience, and build new skills, leadership and professional excellence. We will support you through our capability development programs.
- You will develop personally and professionally rewarding capabilities that you will continue to benefit from whether you advance your career with us, or use your employment as a chance to gain heart–of-government experience.