Skip links and keyboard navigation

    Corporate Administration Agency

    The Corporate Administration Agency (CAA) provides corporate services to 26 Queensland public sector entities that are principally small to medium statutory bodies.

    Services provided by CAA include human resource (HR) management and HR consulting, payroll and recruitment services, financial management and transactional services, and information management services including information technology and business systems.

    CAA operates in a dynamic and agile environment where clients can choose to purchase separate components on an annual retainer or project basis depending on specific business needs. The business model is non-mandated and requires that CAA actively maintains high-performance standards, cost effectiveness and innovation for clients, to retain ongoing business.

    Key strategic directions include continued business innovation and improvement through effective client engagement and strategic business alliances and partnerships, supported by strong governance of business operations, products and services and development of high‑performance teams.

    Key achievements for 2015–16

    • Implemented an integrated job recording and tracking system across all branches at CAA. This system will be CAA’s primary customer engagement tool into the future.
    • Implemented an automated accounts payable solution for CAA, TAFE Queensland and the State Library of Queensland.
    • Enhanced and conducted a number of Reasonable Management Action training courses for managers and supervisors within CAA, CAA’s client base and other interested Queensland Government agencies. This program is focused on building line manager HR capability and was very well received with very positive feedback from participants.
    • Attracted four new government clients (Queensland Productivity Commission, Building Queensland, Queensland Racing Integrity Commission and the Queensland Reconstruction Authority).

    Our performance

    The following service standards in DPC’s Service Delivery Statement were used by the department and the government to assess CAA’s overall performance.

    Corporate Administration Agency Notes 2015–16
    Target / Estimate
    Customer satisfaction with CAA services 1 90% 90%
    Percentage of customer services delivered within agreed standards (time and costs) 2 95% 94%
    CAA Operating surplus/(deficit) 3 breakeven $2000
    CAA annual unit pricing does not exceed CPI 4, 5 90% 70%


    1. This service standard informs on overall satisfaction levels with the availability, quality, timeliness and support provided by CAA derived from its annual customer survey. The result conforms with DPC’s assessment methodology.
    2. This service standard indicates CAA’s effectiveness in meeting service obligations, as outlined in customer service level agreements and reported quarterly to customers.
    3. This measure indicates CAA’s performance in meeting the Government’s financial objectives. CAA actively seeks to engage with new and current customers to support its revenue base, whilst managing expenses in alignment with revenue.
    4. This service standard informs the percentage of services offered by CAA will not increase above CPI and indicates that CAA is managing its resources to provide economic pricing to customers.
    5. The 2015–16 performance result of 70 per cent is reflective of pricing not exceeding CPI. The remaining 30 per cent was impacted by public service award increases and vendor price increases that has exceeded CPI.

    Future directions for 2016–17

    • Provide value for money and enhanced services to customers, with a continued focus on innovation and automation of business processes and responsible fiscal and resource management.
    • Develop staff capability to enhance customer engagement and satisfaction through targeted internal leadership development and customer service training.
    • Deliver better access to data and information for customers through the improved self-service and mobility facilities via mobile phones, tablets and the internet.
    • Increase the functional capacity of the integrated job recording and tracking system to improve the customer experience and productivity of service delivery.

    ^ to top

    Last updated:
    17 February, 2017
    Last reviewed:
    19 January, 2017