Governing Queensland: Government Handbooks
Governing Queensland is a suite of policy and administrative handbooks designed to explain in an open way the processes of government in this state.
These handbooks are written chiefly for Ministers, Members of Parliament, public servants and staff in Minister’s offices. But they will be of interest to other people, including those who wish to influence government decisions.
Governing Queensland comprises four handbooks and a guide for members of Queensland government boards, committees and statutory authorities. Details of Queensland Cabinet and Executive Council processes and the links between them are provided.
Governing Queensland includes:
- the Queensland Cabinet Handbook
- the Queensland Ministerial Handbook
- the Queensland Executive Council Handbook
- the Queensland Legislation Handbook
- Welcome Aboard: A Guide for Members of Queensland Government Boards, Committees and Statutory Authorities
- the Queensland Policy Handbook (The Policy Handbook is no longer available. The Australian Policy Handbook by Peter Bridgman and Glyn Davis may be accessed for reference purposes.)
Parliamentary Procedures: Parliament Handbook
The Queensland Parliament also produces a handbook designed to inform Ministers, other Members of the Legislative Assembly, and departmental officers of the various procedures associated with the major functions of the Parliament.
Readers of the Governing Queensland suite of policy and administration handbooks may also find it useful to read the Queensland Parliamentary Procedures Handbook in conjunction.