Skip links and keyboard navigation

    Corporate Administration Agency

    The Corporate Administration Agency (CAA) provides corporate services under Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to Queensland public sector entities, principally statutory bodies. Services provided by CAA include human resource (HR) management and HR consulting, payroll and recruitment services, financial management and transactional services, and information management services including information technology and business systems.

    CAA operates in a dynamic and agile environment where clients can choose to purchase separate components on an annual retainer or project basis depending on specific business needs. The business model is non-mandated and requires that CAA actively maintains high-performance standards, cost effectiveness and innovation for clients, to retain ongoing business.

    Key priorities include continued business innovation and improvement through effective client engagement and strategic business alliances and partnerships, supported by strong governance of business operations, products and services and development of high performance teams.

    Key achievements for 2016–17

    • Implemented an automated Accounts Payable solution for the Queensland Gallery of Modern Art.
    • Conducted a number of HR-related training courses for managers and supervisors within CAA, CAA’s client base and other interested Queensland Government agencies. Focusing on building line manager HR capability, these courses were very well received with positive feedback from participants.
    • Established and implemented a new stocktake service for various customers.
    • Assisted the implementation of a secure document sharing facility for the Queensland Museum and the Queensland Productivity Commission.
    • Increased the functional capacity of the integrated job recording and tracking system to improve the customer experience and productivity of service delivery.
    • Implemented various information technology solutions for several customers including the rollout of tablet devices and increased security solutions.
    • Increased capability to meet customer-specific requirements such as assets, taxation, workplace health and safety and workforce relations.

    Our performance

    The following service standards in DPC’s Service Delivery Statement were used by the department and the government to assess CAA’s overall performance.

    Corporate Administration Agency Notes 2016–17
    Service standards
    Effectiveness measure
    Customer satisfaction with CAA Services
    1 90% 88%
    Efficiency measure
    CAA operating surplus/(deficit)
    2, 3 break even ($121,992)
    Self-generated revenue as a percentage of total revenue 4, 5 90% 65%


    1. Overall customer satisfaction is obtained through the annual customer survey.
    2. This service standard indicates how well CAA is managing its resources to provide economic pricing to customers.
    3. The deficit is due to the utilisation of cash reserves to invest in business solutions focused on innovation, improved automation and self-service.
    4. As 65 per cent of CAA costs are made up of salaries, the efficiency measure has been amended to cater for situations where a pay increase is greater than consumer price index.
    5. The 2016–17 performance result of 65 per cent is reflective of pricing not exceeding CPI or Public Service award. The remaining 35 per cent was impacted by the base accommodation increase of four per cent, associated utilities of up to 10 per cent and vendor price increases above 2.5 per cent.

    Future directions for 2017–18

    • Provide value for money and enhanced services to customers, with a continued focus on innovation and automation of business processes, and responsible fiscal and resource management.
    • Develop staff capability to enhance customer engagement and satisfaction through targeted internal leadership development and customer service training.
    • Deliver better access to data and information for customers through improved self-service and mobility facilities, tablets and the internet.
    • Continue to:
      • increase the functional capacity of the integrated job recording and tracking system to further improve customer experience and productivity of service delivery
      • develop and align business planning with the government’s strategic direction and objectives.

    ^ to top

    Last updated:
    15 February, 2018
    Last reviewed:
    24 January, 2018